Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow internet connection after update to OS X Yosemite

Hi, I need help. Am having slow internet connection after update to OS X Yosemite from OS X Maverick.

Please help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:13 PM

115 replies

Dec 21, 2017 6:26 PM in response to bergenk

It's about time Apple provided a formal response to the issues users are experiencing across a range of Apple hardware, clean installs vs upgrades etc... It is making Yosemite painful to use and rolling back to Mavericks almost a necessity.

Dec 21, 2017 6:26 PM in response to Pbigar

Apple obviously know there is an issue as a second OSX beta has just been released to developers supposedly focused on fixing WiFI issues - see this post:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/11/10/apple-issues-second-os-x-10101-beta-to -developers-continues-focus-on-wi-fi

It's disappointing that whilst Apple know and are trying to address the problem, no one from Apple actually bothers responding in the forums advising us as such. Is it that hard to communicate with your customers and keep them in the loop about a potential fix?

Oct 17, 2014 1:18 PM in response to Pbigar

I also have this issue.

As weird as it may sound, try to open iCloud on system preferences and see if it makes any difference.

I got a pop-up window saying there is an issue with my iCloud account and opening it can help fix it. In my case it doesn't completely solve the problem, but a slight improvement is noticeable.

Yosemite is very buggy...

Oct 17, 2014 10:35 PM in response to elfrias

Exactly the same problem with my iMac. Have my iPad Air next to the iMac and the iPad Air is working quickly when using the internet. The iMac frankly is now rubbish when using the internet. Every time I what to move from one link to another it jus hangs.

Just did what was suggested in an earlier post (open iCloud via System Preferences) and whilst I didn't get any pop up it does seem to have made a noticeable difference. Strange or what 😕

Oct 18, 2014 1:42 AM in response to Pbigar

I was hoping that the final version would have cured the connection problem but sadly it seems not. I have been reporting this issue to Apple for some time but no cures. I can get wifi albeit not as stable as I would like (the latest Time Capsule plus various Airport Expresses as signal boosters/range extenders round the property). However although diagnostics shows connection to my ISP, it shows a fail for connection to Internet and Server. My other Macs running older operating systems do not have the same problem on the same wifi network , so it is definitely Yosemite. After about 5 minutes the connection springs to life. Is there some cache or plist file I should delete and allow to reform, to get this running properly?

Slow internet connection after update to OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.