Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Controller Knobs in Garageband

I'm going to be purchasing a midi controller pretty soon to use with Garageband (previously I've been using an old keyboard as a midi controller, but now want to get an actual controller.) Is there a midi controller that can use mapping to make the knobs on the controller work like the control knobs on the screen do in Garageband? And if so, what controller is it, and how would I go about mapping the knobs?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:28 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Jesusfreak820

Never been able to get that to work reliably in any version of garage band. Move to Logic X. The new version is just like garage band and has a simplified mode, so you get access to the all the pro stuff without having to relearn. More importantly you can use the (Command + L) key on any knob on the screen and turn the knob or slide on a hardware control, and that's it, you're mapped. Also have you tried logic remote for iPad? it works like a charm with garage band and of course Logic X

Midi Controller Knobs in Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.