Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

markup- action extension doesn't appear

Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed Yosemite on my iMac 27 (2012) model.

I have tried to use Markup on mail. But I've noticed that the tiny "arrow" done' appear.

I went to Apple>system preference>Extensions to activate "Actions"

But, it wasn't there. I only have:

All (empty)

Finder (only dropbox)

Today (social)

I have no idea how to add "actions" and other extensions in. Can you help me?

the most important for me is Markup.

Thank you!

Rotem

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 11:03 AM

For the Actions Extension go to Application/Preview, then right clicking on Preview and selecting "Show Package Contents." Then go to Contents/Plugins/Markup. Double click on Markup which attempts to open it in Widget Simulator with a "Couldn't Open Widget" error message. Actions/Markup should now appear in the Extensions pane of System Preferences, and be available in Mail. Unfortunately this doesn't survive restarts.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Dr.Avituv

For the Actions Extension go to Application/Preview, then right clicking on Preview and selecting "Show Package Contents." Then go to Contents/Plugins/Markup. Double click on Markup which attempts to open it in Widget Simulator with a "Couldn't Open Widget" error message. Actions/Markup should now appear in the Extensions pane of System Preferences, and be available in Mail. Unfortunately this doesn't survive restarts.

Oct 19, 2014 2:15 PM in response to Dr.Avituv

I have the same problem contacted apple support who suggested that i reinstall Yosemite , which didn't help .

I've tried the solution mentioned in this thread but I couldn't get Widget Simulator to open the Markup in Contents/Plugins/Markup , it opens it with Terminal instead, looked for widget simulator in my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) but it's not there ! this is what I see when i go to extensions in system preferences

User uploaded file

I also have an early 2009 Mac Pro which has markup working fine! all been upgraded through the app store!

any help ? Appreciate it !

Apple please fix this! 😢

Oct 20, 2014 11:11 PM in response to Dr.Avituv

go to Terminal and post this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/support/lsregister -kill -seed

if it doesn't have that specific directory try this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed

once the scanning is done (can be short or long, depends on how heavy your system is) RESTART the computer.

when you're back, go to Apple>system preferences>extensions.... guess who's there.

I hope it helped.

The Doctor.

markup- action extension doesn't appear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.