Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With iTunes,12.01.26,where are the devices?

Now that we don't have the old sidebar, when I click on playlist, everything shows,

but my iPhone 6 nor my iPad do not show. These both sync over wifi, they use

to show up under devices and I could make what ever change I wanted.

They show up if I plug them in, I am not sure where to look

thanks

Mike

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 2:07 PM

This problem is known by Apple. Some people think this is not a bug in Yosemite but is a problem in iOS8. Next week there will be and update 8.1. Hopefully it will be fixed then. Until then you have to connect wired or restart your iPhone completely. After restart it will appear in iTunes, but next time it probably will not appear again.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2014 2:07 PM in response to Seattle Mike

This problem is known by Apple. Some people think this is not a bug in Yosemite but is a problem in iOS8. Next week there will be and update 8.1. Hopefully it will be fixed then. Until then you have to connect wired or restart your iPhone completely. After restart it will appear in iTunes, but next time it probably will not appear again.

Oct 18, 2014 2:58 AM in response to triknee

Ah no! Here we go again!! Why do they do this?? I hate not having my sidebar!! _ have upgraded iTunes but not Mac (yet) as I thought iTunes upgrade may have fixed the syncing problem - I couldn't sync any of my devices over wifi and it would appear I still can't - bloomin heck! Not happy with this at all!! Can I revert my itunes back to an older version anyone know? thanks

Oct 24, 2014 10:51 AM in response to PeterVL57

I've updated one of my devices to iOS8.1. Not syncing over wifi yet. Sent feedback to Apple.

As for the layout (@stressed mum and tdoyle10)...You have you're sidebar. Just click on playlists. It's functionality is limited to playlists and content for your iDevices. The rest has been moved to the white bar. This way your playlists are always next to the library-content and managing playlists is easier.

User uploaded file

Just play with the program for a while. It takes a little getting used to, but it grows on you. In a few weeks you have forgotten it used to be any different.

(except for the ugly red icon, I won't get used to that)

With iTunes,12.01.26,where are the devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.