Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix and Amazon Prime video won't play on Yosemite

After upgrading to Yosemite today, neither Netflix nor Amazon Prime Video will play unless I disconnect my external monitor, which is an Apple 20' Cinema Display. I'm using an iMac 27", and using the builtin monitor, not the external monitor, to play videos. Apparently, Apple has tightened up their copy protection to ridiculous levels in Yosemite.

iMac

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 5:35 PM

7 replies

Oct 18, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Paul Dobbs

Same here. Netflix in Safari, on macbook retina internal display, and external display connected via display port to DVI.

Netflix error is "oops something went wrong" then references an HDCP issue. Again, this is on internal macbook or external display. Seems to work fine in Chrome, on either display. Worked fine on OS 10.9 on either display as well, in Safari.

Apr 3, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Cinemagic

I have an ipad mini and am on the fence whether to purchase an iMac. So, how can you watch Amazon Videos as I have Amazon Prime and would like to be able to watch it as well on the new machine when I get it. My current desktop is an older one-an HP Omni 120 running Windows 7 as I totally dislike windows 8 and 8.1 and I really do not want the windows 10 when it comes out in the machines later this year. My son swears by Apple.

The big thing for me will be trying to get used to the way it does things in comparison to windows 7.

Is there any problem with the transferring of documents/files and pictures from the windows 7 machine to the iMac?

Just a little hesitant due to that it will be something new for me. Any advice for a newbie to be here?

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Carol

Apr 3, 2015 10:45 PM in response to CarolF5

Well, I just answered my own question as I found an App in the Apple app store-Amazon Videos-downloaded it on my mini ipad and opened it up to my Amazon Prime Video Library. So, that answered that question and I checked my Microsoft Office 365 account and I can download it to the iMac-so that answers another question I was thinking of.

I could still use that advice for the newbie, etc..

Carol

Netflix and Amazon Prime video won't play on Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.