Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop between OS X and iOS

Hi,

Airdrop works fine between my iMac 24' (early 2009) and MBP 1' (late 2009), both running OS X Yosemite.

But i can't make it work with the iPad Air (8.0.2).... both machine can't see the iPad, the iPad doesn't see the OS X machines....

wasn't it suppose to become available with Yosemite ind iOS8 ?

Thanks for you reply...

Marco

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 24' early 2009

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 7:21 PM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2014 11:30 PM in response to Mat_sg

Hi Mat,

thanks for your reply.

I missed that piece of info about the 2012 model for exchange between platforms.

BTW, from the link you posted, it's said that the MBP has to be late 2008 or later, and the iMac early 2009 or later.

My machines are satisfying those requirements, but now also between OS X is not working anymore, and that's very strange, as I was using airdrop between MBP and iMac before with Mavericks.

after the update to Yosemite on both machines it was working, (as I was looking to connect my iPad I clearly got the connection between MBP and iMac)

But from yesterday also between OS X is not anymore working,...... It's very strange.

Airdrop between OS X and iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.