Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Failed - The connection to iCloud timed out

Whenever I open Settings > iCloud on my iPad Air I get a window which says "Verification Failed - The connection to iCloud timed out." It goes away when I hit the OK button on it, sometimes after two or three tries. I am running iOS 8.0.2 on my iPad Air (as well as Yosemite on my iMac with the same iCloud login). Everything seems to be working properly, but hard to be sure with this new iCloud Drive situation. Does anyone know what is going on here? Or what I should do to fix this?

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 8:30 PM

I would try going to Settings>iCloud on your iPad Air, click Sign Out, choose Delete from My iPad and provide your password when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud), then sign back in (your data will download back to your iPad).

15 replies

Oct 17, 2014 8:48 PM in response to randers4

randers4 wrote:

I would try going to Settings>iCloud on your iPad Air, click Sign Out, choose Delete from My iPad and provide your password when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud), then sign back in (your data will download back to your iPad).

Thanks for your helpful answer. Before you sent it I inadvertently did about the same thing you recommend. Settings>iCloud was acting peculiarly (spinning gear in the Family Sharing part), so I shut the app down and also shut down the iPad Air. After I restarted the iPad, Settings>iCloud was back to normal, and so far I have not had a recurrence of the Verification Failed window. It seems that the login did need to be jogged, but I did it in a different way than you suggested.

Verification Failed - The connection to iCloud timed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.