Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Mid 2012 Yosemite overheating

Just upgraded to Yosemite and noticed fan running and machine getting hot. Anyone else having similar problems? Im also having Memory Full issues (2 in 12 hours) yet I have plenty. Any help would be great.

I'm also running:

2GHZ i7

8GB 1600 MHz DD3

Intel HD 4000 1024MB

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 10:15 PM

36 replies

Oct 19, 2014 9:31 AM in response to Egasser101

I went through the reinstall process of the prior OS last night unfortunately I was able to download the additional component yet for some reason it won't install. I have appointment Apple support appointment this morning. I'll results of the appointment here. Even just running the utility tool the computer is running hoter then normal. I really think it's a yosemite challenge.

Oct 19, 2014 4:30 PM in response to Egasser101

Just back from the Apple store (Fashion Valley San Diego). The verdict is "we have no idea whats wrong". Bummer really. They checked my computer in and plan to call me back with the finial verdict soon.

At first they thought they could erase my hard drive and reinstall Mavrick... After the drive was erased the OS would not install. Same problem I was having last night yet the Apple guys had a back way in.

I will report back outcome.

Oct 21, 2014 9:54 PM in response to Egasser101

Yesterday Apple called me back (time to pick up your computer) with the good news! My computer is perfectly fine yet they recommend NOT installing Yosemite for a few months to determine if I have a hardware problem (All tests ran said my hardware was fine) OR if its a Yosemite challenge. Currently Im running Maverick (2 days) with not heat up issues or fan running like crazy.

MacBook Air Mid 2012 Yosemite overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.