Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe for Notification Center and Control Center not working after using Window Zoom

I'm using iOS 8.0.2 on an iPhone 6 and have noticed that after using the Window Zoom (Accessibility feature 3-finger double-tap), I cannot swipe down for Notification Center nor swipe up for Control Center when unlocked (i.e. in Home screen or within an app screen). However, when the iPhone is locked, the swipe down for Notification Center and swipe up for Control Center is okay. It just doesn't work when unlocked. And the only way to rectify the problem is to reboot the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 12:37 PM

Hello yes I have found this stopped control centre working and have switched off the accessibility zoom

6 replies

Jan 15, 2015 1:16 AM in response to slau73

Hi all! Has everyone solved this problem in some concrete way, not only by restart? I've just called TWICE to the Apple Support (Russia), they say that the settings' reset would help, but it didn't. Iphone 5, iOS 8.1.2. Please vote for this question, let's force Apple pay its attention to this matter!

Feb 5, 2015 11:29 PM in response to slau73

I have figured out the solution to all of our problems!!! We can keep the zoom function ON!!!! Yay!

Step one. Turn back on the beloved zoom function.

step two. Tap screen with 3 fingers.

step three. Select window zoom. (If already selected move on to step Quatro)

step qautro. Select Resize lens.

and for the moment you've all be waiting for... Drum roll..

the grand finale step. IS...

shrink the window to the smallest size.

AFter you have done these 5 steps, you can thoroughly enjoy having all three functions at once. If you switch back to Full Screen Zoom (if that be your preference) the notification and control centers will remain functional! Bon apetit!

i have been successful enlarging the window while keeping the centers functioning by making sure the window is in the shape of a square.

-ChrisCasti

Swipe for Notification Center and Control Center not working after using Window Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.