Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 09 compatible with Yosemite ?

Dear all !

Does Keynote 09 (v5.3) is compatible with Yosemite ?
Thank you !

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:27 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2015 2:56 AM in response to Community User

I found some threads saying that Keynote 09 should be working on Yosemite, but I can´t get it to work. I get the following error message:

Keynote cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Keynote works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Any clues? Thanks very much!

Sep 4, 2015 3:06 AM in response to slusch

Keynote version 5.3 is runs perfectly with Yosemite. Many users use both version 6 and version 5 in Yosemite.

I get the following error message:

Keynote cannot be opened because of a problem.

The iWork 09 installer may be corrupt; is this a DVD disc or a downloaded file, if its a file where did you get it?

Try resetting Keynote, perform all the steps in the order listed:

1. Remove Keynote version 6.5, you must use an application removal tool for this procedure to work: Appcleaner is free,
  2. Empty the trash
  3. Shut Down the Mac (Apple menu > Shut Down)
  4. Wait 10 seconds, then press the power button
  5. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key,
    release the Shift key when you see the grey Apple screen
    start up will take a few minutes longer than usual as the Mac is performing a software repair
  6. Restart the Mac normally, (don’t hold down any keys during startup)
  7. Install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Sep 4, 2015 3:48 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks. I had downloaded the iWork 09 installer from my University IT department site.

I uninstalled Keynote 6.5 using Appcleaner and followed the procedure that you described. Then I installed iWork 09 from an original DVD from Apple. But still the same thing as before, none of the iWork programs (keynote, numbers, pages) is working. What else can I do? I need to run keynote 5 and 6 on my MacBook Pro in Yosemite.

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2015 4:22 AM in response to slusch

I got it to work finally. A fresh install of iwor 09 di not not work, neither from a DVD. I then copied the folder with iwork 09 (with keynote 5.3) from an earlier timemachine backup into my applications folder, and now keynote 09 works again. I guess before I was missing updates on the keynote software. The copied version from my timemachine backup had the updates with it.

Now I will try to re-install keynote 6 and hope that then everything will still work.

Yosemite, and so does Keynote 6, and not being reverse-compatible with earlier keynote versions is simply a desaster.

<Edited by host>

Keynote 09 compatible with Yosemite ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.