Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can not dial number in mac ,i have a problem says "iPhone calls not available your iPhone must use the same iCloud and FaceTime account" what can i do? its the same account!!!!

i can not dial number in mac ,i have a problem says "iPhone calls not available your iPhone must use the same iCloud and FaceTime account" what can i do? its the same account!!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 3:49 AM

10 replies

Oct 22, 2014 7:53 PM in response to delo1982

Just something else to check:

I had logged into iCloud during setup with a mac.com address for iPhone and macbook and they both worked. For my iMac, i used a me.com address. The iMac got the message "iPhone calls not available ...". I logged out of iCloud and logged back in with the mac.com address and it worked. They all tie to the same account, but it appears that it was treating them as different accounts.

Oct 29, 2014 2:13 AM in response to nullsynapse

To be clear - on your iPhone go in to settings, in to FaceTime and check that the Apple ID it's using is the one your using on your Mac.

You can of course sign in using a @mac, @me and @icloud account so simply make sure you're using the same account on both devices. I had been using @me on my iPhone and @icloud on my mac - once I made my iPhone use @icloud.com it all worked.

What I found was - when adding the same account to my iPhone, on my mac a message popped up asking if I wanted to add my cell phone number to iMessages and FaceTime - I clicked yes, and could then make calls from my Mac. Hope this helps!

Mar 13, 2015 2:54 AM in response to Assaf HS

Assaf HS wrote:

Here is a solution that worked for me:

1. Go to "Settings" on your iPhone.

2. Go To "messages".

3. Turn off "iMassage" and then turn it back On.

4. Your Mac will ask you if you wish to add your cell phone number (even if it was added in the past).\

5. Try calling a cell phone number now.

Worked for me.

Good luck.

This did the trick for me as well (step 4 wasn't necessary though). Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.