Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic express 9 can't be used with OS X Yosemite???

Hi... I have been using Logic Express 9 for years back when it cost the same as the current Logic Pro X - but whatever. I have upgraded to OS X Yosemite and now my computer states: "You can’t use this version of the application “Logic Express 9.0.0” with this version of OS X."

Does anyone have advice of what I can do? I don't want to upgrade because of money and also Logic Pro looks pretty unfriendly - and that Apple didn't warn me of this and it is their error. I wish I could revert back to my previous 2010 computer software but it's going to be too difficult to do this... well that's what I've been told.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Cinta

Logic Express 9-OTHER, Logic Express 9, detect tempo

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 5:25 AM

Hi

Update to v 9.1.8 via Software Update/The AppStore

Make sure that your copy of LE9 is called "Logic Express" (no numbers or spaces at the end of the name) and that it is in the Applications folder

CCT

10 replies

Nov 13, 2014 3:24 PM in response to Cinta M

I am very interested in this discussion. I am running Logic Express 9.1.8 (1700-67) (32-bit) and have been for quite some time. I would like to upgrade to Yosemite but I want to make sure that this is the build you're talking about. I've had this build for over a year I would guess, but I can't be sure. It was the last one that came out as far as I know. I did not get this from the app store, I have been running LogicX since way before the app store was around; I don't know if that means I'm screwed or not. Anyway, is this the build you're talking about, or is it a new one? Rick

May 24, 2015 1:03 PM in response to CCTM

While I have you guys here, let me ask a question about sound files...

The Apple Loops I own (5 DVDs worth) all require Rosetta to install them. I am using Logic Express on my iMac (running Snow Leopard), which includes Rosetta. But after Mavericks, I see Rosetta is no longer included. Is there any way to get those sounds onto my Mavericks mackbook pro? Or for that matter, Yosemite? Is it possible to zip up the Apple loops folders on my snow leopard mac and just un-zip them on the laptop? I've been thinking of upgrading my iMac to Yosemite. What issues can I expect with LE? I assume that if I just "upgrade" the OS, the loops/sounds files will still be there, so I won't need to re-install them.

Comments?

May 24, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Alfredo Jahn

Alfredo Jahn wrote:

But after Mavericks, I see Rosetta is no longer included.

Rosetta is no longer included after Snow Leopard, so in addition to Yosemite and Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion do not include Rosetta as well.

I am not a LP user, so in order to assist you in your question (and until others more experienced in LP rejoin this thread), could you explain to me what "Apple loops" are in more detail.

Logic express 9 can't be used with OS X Yosemite???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.