Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ZipCloud

Hello!

I just updated to OS X Yosemite on my iMac!

And this application ZipCloud appeared on my applications in Finder.

When I tried to click on it ,it said "You can't open the application "ZipCloud" because it may be damaged or incomplete".

What do I do?

How I fix that?

I am really concerned about this!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Intel Quad-Core i7 2.93GHz 8GB 2TB

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 4:07 AM

19 replies

Jul 5, 2017 1:02 PM in response to iChristos

I believe Zipcloud is the doorway to computer ****. Open it, use it and you will never stop receiving advertisements and your computer and contact lists will be corrupted. I should say, this happened to me. I have done everything possible to get this off my computer, but it keeps showing its nasty little face. I don't even think it is a legitimate Adobe product. Your choice. But you do not need this. If you go to Apple and ask, they will tell you it is a virus, as I was told.

Oct 18, 2014 6:47 PM in response to iChristos

"ZipCloud" is some sort of cloud-storage service with a doubtful reputation. The OS X client is sometimes distributed along with the "SearchProtect" malware. Although ZipCloud may not be malicious itself, it should be deemed suspect by virtue of the company it keeps.

To remove ZipCloud, start by backing up all data (not with ZipCloud itself, of course.)

Quit the application, if it's running, and drag it from the Applications folder to the Trash.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.jdibackup.ZipCloud.autostart.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Oct 19, 2014 4:23 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi I have followed the procedure to be dictated on all her ' friend icritos but going to the folder ~ / Library / LaunchAgents / com.jdibackup.ZipCloud.autostart.plist not find any zip file belonging to cloud I tried to drag it to the trash but it appears to reboot again may help me in some way ??? if I understand the procedure before I have to go to the library to go on LaunchAgents and delete the file concerning zipcloud.plist right ???

Thanks in advance !

ZipCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.