Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost the use of my Apple Wireless Keyboard last night as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite. It uses Bluetooth, but my MacBook Pro is unable to "discover" it. Is this a bug with Yosemite? Or does someone know a solution?

I lost the use of my Apple Wireless Keyboard last night as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite. It uses Bluetooth, but my MacBook Pro is unable to "discover" it. Is this a bug with Yosemite? Or does someone know a solution?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Apple Wireless Keyboard

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 10:26 AM

I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Pro. My Magic Mouse and wireless Apple keyboard are working sporadically after installing Yosemite (Final release). The mouse jerks around, stops working, reconnects, works for a while, then jitters all over the screen. Same thing with the wireless keyboard. I am using a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina Display with a Thunderbolt cable going to a 2014 iMac as a monitor. The wireless keyboard and mouse are functioning properly on another iMac with Yosemite installed -- no problems.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2014 10:26 AM in response to piximon

I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Pro. My Magic Mouse and wireless Apple keyboard are working sporadically after installing Yosemite (Final release). The mouse jerks around, stops working, reconnects, works for a while, then jitters all over the screen. Same thing with the wireless keyboard. I am using a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina Display with a Thunderbolt cable going to a 2014 iMac as a monitor. The wireless keyboard and mouse are functioning properly on another iMac with Yosemite installed -- no problems.

May 20, 2015 6:54 PM in response to piximon

After upgrading to Yosemite on my mid 2012 MBP, bluetooth will not discover any devices (even Apple trackpad or keyboard). I had a suspicion that this was a software issue so I booted up in windows (via bootcamp) and was able to use bluetooth without difficulty, so I do not think this is a hardware issue. I have tried all suggestions listed in the forums such as reseting PRAM, restarting and waiting 2 minutes, turning off Wifi, and turning bluetooth off and then back on. No results, still unable to discover any bluetooth devices (and yes, I did put the devices in discovery mode). I believe this remains an unresolved issue with Yosemite (currently running 10.10.4). I just expect more from Apple. I basically cannot use any bluetooth devices on my MBP. All devices work perfectly on my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.