Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problem with OSX Yosemite: Magic Mouse and Keyboard

Hello everyone,

I've a problem on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13" (late 2013).

I've always used it plugged with an external monitor (I love double screen), magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard. On Mavericks everything was perfect with this setup.

Yesterday I installed OSX Yosemite and I've found a boring problem: my Magic Mouse and my Bluetooth Keyboard have a 0.5 second of latency, lag. This happen when the Macbook is not plugged with battery charger. When he is on charge, the problem don't exist.

I noticed this bug also on the public beta of this summer and submit the feedback.

I hoped that they fixed this before release but the bug is still here.

How can i solve this boring problem?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:04 PM

I also reported this issue again and again during each beta release.

This makes the MacBook basically unusable in battery power for doing any kind of design and coding work.

I don't have any bluetooth addons or third party utilities. I also tried clearing PRAMs, and reinstalling Yosemite, to no avail.

Here are some threads about the issue, which, I'm noticing, is common.

Note that while the issue is kind of tolerable using the mouse, it's tragic with the keyboard.

Does this prevent you from using OS X Yosemite?

The issue makes it very difficult for me to use OS X Yosemite

For the report, here are the issues I submitted about this using the feedback assistant:

#116709, #128648, #129129

#132546, #391247

437 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2014 1:04 PM in response to O00Dany00O

I also reported this issue again and again during each beta release.

This makes the MacBook basically unusable in battery power for doing any kind of design and coding work.

I don't have any bluetooth addons or third party utilities. I also tried clearing PRAMs, and reinstalling Yosemite, to no avail.

Here are some threads about the issue, which, I'm noticing, is common.

Note that while the issue is kind of tolerable using the mouse, it's tragic with the keyboard.

Does this prevent you from using OS X Yosemite?

The issue makes it very difficult for me to use OS X Yosemite

For the report, here are the issues I submitted about this using the feedback assistant:

#116709, #128648, #129129

#132546, #391247

Oct 19, 2014 2:14 PM in response to O00Dany00O

I have a late 2012 Retina MacBook Pro. Since installing Yosemite last night my magic mouse tracking is also off. Specifically I also have latency of about 0.5 seconds at times when using the mouse. The trackpad works fine. I'm going through all the troubleshooting steps talked about above, but I think this one is a bluetooth bug that Apple needs to fix ASAP.

Oct 19, 2014 2:43 PM in response to O00Dany00O

Not just a problem with bluetooth mice and keyboards. This seems to be a widespread problem in Yosemite with all bluetooth connected devices. I have a newly bought Philips bluetooth headset which worked fine under 10.9 for watching films, using Skype etc. There is definitely a 0.5 – 1 sec delay with sound in Yosemite. Makes everyone seem like they're in a badly-dubbed foreign movie.

An Apple problem, methinks. I hope it's fixed soon.

Oct 19, 2014 7:04 PM in response to O00Dany00O

Yea, I got the same problem on my logitech m558 mouse and Microsoft sculpt comfort touch mouse. Neither of them can connect to my rMBP bluetooth. But for M558, I click the reset button of the mouse and it start to work, but I don't how long it can last. For the Microsoft mouse, it just doesn't pair. The bluetooth of Mac even can't not find the mouse. It's really annoying. Hope apple can publish a release soon to fix it.

Oct 19, 2014 7:12 PM in response to O00Dany00O

Since upgrading to Yosemite my Apple magic mouse no longer works. The mouse worked intermittently with jerky pointer movements and I kept getting bluetooth connected/connection lost messages on the screen.

So I replaced the batteries no improvement then I deleted the connection and now the mouse cannot be found. It worked perfectly before the upgrade, I have a Macbook pro retina late 2013

Oct 19, 2014 8:22 PM in response to scott_l

thanks for advice, I reset PRAM and the mouse reconnected OK BUT with the original issue, mouse connection cycles between connected and connection lost.

when the mouse does connect it is jittery.

Also while trying to connect the bluetooth mouse the wifi connection to the internet drops out and I need to switch off wifi and turn it back on to reconnect to the internet.......... most frustrating

Oct 19, 2014 8:37 PM in response to Mark808

😟

I'm actually using the trackpad and not the mouse. Before I reset the PRAM I opened the bluetooth preferences and removed every device in there (I had about 6 or so). Then I added them back later. I'm sure others have already tried this, but until I did both of those (delete/re-add and reset PRAM), the trackpad had a terrible lag and the cursor went all over the screen. I also couldn't get the magic mouse working at all (yes, I have one but don't normally use it). I just tried the mouse again now and it works well. Time will tell as to whether this fix will outlast multiple reboots and wifi switching and various other hullabaloo...

I digress, but anyway - just for the record in case it helps anyone, this was my experience so far.

cheers.

Bluetooth problem with OSX Yosemite: Magic Mouse and Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.