Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deactivating vulnerable SSLv3 on my Snow Leopard Server

Hello Forum members,

so, apparently there are no more security updates for SL Server 10.6.

I was made aware that one of our Servers is vulnerable to the Poodle attack that's using the now insecure SSL v3.

I was told to deactivate SSL v3 on our server.

As there are so settings that I'm aware of, I found this hint:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/150621/ho-to-disable-ssl3-in-osx-server -for-mail-and-web-hosting

...however, the detailed answer is apparently for a newer version, as these paths (Library/Server/...) don't exist on SL and I could find anything similar in /Library/WebServer/....

The other answer seems helpful, but I have no idea where to apply all these settings, so that they don't get reset with the next restart.

I can't seem to find any setting for TLS neither.

All the other usual approaches (Google, Docindentation...) failed as well.

I cannot update the server right now to a new Mac OS X Server, as we heavily rely on Mailman (has been removed) and the Wiki - MySQL and QTSS and Podcast Server are also things that are used

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

ps:

I'd be even happy to find an overview of paths to various config files that are safe to edit.

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 1:56 PM

Take a look in etc/apache2/sites and see if that is the .conf for your SSLv3 protected site.

2 replies

Deactivating vulnerable SSLv3 on my Snow Leopard Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.