Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging my iPhone 6 with 2AMP Charger, will it affect?

I bought the iPhone 6 some days back, the battery is pretty small so it discharges fast with heavy usage. So I have an habit to carry a portable charger with myself, the thing is that the output of the charger is 2AMP which is 1 amp more compared to the normal charger of iPhone 6.

So I was wondering would it cause any problems if I charge my device using that portable charger?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 9:19 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2014 3:45 PM in response to insitermedia

I would recommend resetting all settings (SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET ALL SETTINGS), as restoring a backup from another device can also restore the previous phone (and battery)'s power management settings. I have found this to be useful after each major software upgrade as well. you will not loose any info, but you are welcome to back up your iPhone first before attempting

Apr 18, 2015 7:07 PM in response to dgriff80

"I would recommend resetting all settings (SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET ALL SETTINGS), as restoring a backup from another device can also restore the previous phone (and battery)'s power management settings. I have found this to be useful after each major software upgrade as well. you will not loose any info, but you are welcome to back up your iPhone first before attempting"

Careful, if you don't restart your computer before you call AppleCare, your problem may actually resolve itself!

QED: Don't update, your phone gets slower, you get more frustrated, and you pay apple more money for new phone;

Charging my iPhone 6 with 2AMP Charger, will it affect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.