Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Control (Silver) won't work on Mac Mini after upgrade to Yosemite

Apple Remote Control (Silver) won't work on Mac Mini (Mid 2011) after upgrade to Yosemite.

Also there is no option at all under 'Security & Privacy / General / Advanced' for any infra-red stuff on the MacMini

Yet these options are still available on my iMac after a Yosemite upgrade?

Any ideas? I'd like to get the remote back working with my iMac as it is my media device.

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Downloading and installing the alternative Candelair Controller Driver helps to solve the problem.

Under System Preferences you will find a new icon to configure the IR receiver.

https://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/

5 replies

Oct 22, 2014 5:28 AM in response to puremail

I did exactly this and upon installing Candelair I received the message the file, Candelair.prefpane, could not be opened. Any suggestion.

I have been using Mira before for the remote and it worked just fine until the Yosemite upgrade. After trying to upgrade Mira I noticed I do not have any IR remote paring option anymore.

Oct 26, 2014 2:07 PM in response to puremail

Ahah! I actually found the opposite. My PROBLEM was Candleair. After installing the Candleair preference pane, it let me know that my Candleair driver was out of date. It turns out I had an old Candleair driver installed. Uninstalling Candleair completely caused my IR receiver and remote control to start working again!

Apple Remote Control (Silver) won't work on Mac Mini after upgrade to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.