Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime camera isn't working with yosemite 10.10

Today i update My MacBook Pro 13'' (2013) ! FaceTime camera isn't working with yosemite 10.10 !

Anyone Can help me?PLEASE!!!!!!

When i log in , it get me a message ,FaceTime Want use my Key , and than SHOW me Want use my Key( ***** ) Yes or No ?

no matter i Choice any answer , THE FaceTime WII all log on.......,and Show me other message , Please Call Apple , And give me a service code : ******.

<edited by host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Facetime

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 1:44 PM

I'm having the same exact problem. Updated to 10.10 and all of a sudden my internal FaceTime HD camera on my macbook pro (late 2011) eased to work.

8 replies

Oct 29, 2014 11:43 AM in response to chou hua

Just got this problem fixed.

This is what customer support instructed me to do for my iMac:

Rest 1.

Shut down computer and unplug power; wait 15 secs.

Turn on computer.

Shut down computer.

Reset 2.

Turn on computer.

Before gray screen comes up, so almost immediately, press Option-Command-P-R at the same time.

Hold down until you hear the turn-on noise, let go and let the system start up.

This fixed my camera problem.

Mar 5, 2015 9:32 PM in response to NickandKim85

My Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro 9000 suddenly stopped working under Yosemite. Sometimes it would appear under USB in the system profiler, but other times it wouldn't. But no app would recognize it: not FaceTime, Skype, or the sound control pane.

I tried rebooting, uninstalling recently added apps, removing any foreign kexts, etc. Nothing worked.

Anyway, following the steps suggested by NickandKim85 did the trick. My Mac now again recognizes the camera.

FaceTime camera isn't working with yosemite 10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.