Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't open after Yosemite is installed

I just downloaded the new OS X Yosemite and the new iTunes 12.0.1, but somehow my iTunes won't open.

I clic on the icon but it doesn't do anything. Can you help me?

imac 2011 - OS X Yosemite 10.10

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 5:55 PM

I am having the same exact problem, and it started happening after I upgraded to Yosemite as well.

Computer:

- 2014 13" Macbook Pro with Retina Display (MacBookPro11,1)

- 2.8 GHz processor

- 8 GB RAM

- 256 GB Flash Storage

- OS X 10.10

33 replies

Oct 18, 2014 6:29 PM in response to sinpwo

I have been having the same problem too but I solved it! You first have to click on the "Finder" icon then find the iTunes application in the application folder. After that right click on the iTunes icon and press "show package contents." Once that is open click on the "contents" folder, then click "Mac OS." After the "Mac OS" folder is open click you have on to click on the iTunes terminal. (It was the first icon in the folder, it saids "exec" on it.)

Oct 20, 2014 10:30 AM in response to Petesforum

I have a early 2011 MBP and I'm having the same problem. I've restarted multiple times. I haven't tried anything with the PRAM yet. I also tried reinstalling itunes. I'm nervous to try the method that some people suggest of opening the itunes terminal file. To delete iTunes you also have to do something with terminal which makes me nervous as well. I hope they can fix it soon.

iTunes doesn't open after Yosemite is installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.