Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting photos off Motorola v226 via USB

I just bought a Motorola v226 camera phone. The camera is pretty minimal. There is no Bluetooth, and no additional storage. I would like to be able to download the photos to my iBook; however, the iBook won't mount the camera as a storage device. Image caputure and iphoto don't see the phone. iSync recognizes it, but won't do anything other than sync the address book and calendar as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Sep 25, 2006 2:45 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2006 4:47 AM in response to Niklas Luhmann

Hi, Niklas.

I found a copy of the manual for your phone here (PDF) and note that the only methods it describes for getting photos off the phone is by sending them. You can send an SMS message containing the images to an e-mail address, as described in the section beginning on page 17, with the photos as attachments.

Unfortunately, it appears this phone is set up to force you to spend more money with your wireless service provider by requiring that you send pictures within messages to get them off the phone. The manual has no information about connecting the phone to a computer, its USB port, etc. Your wireless subscription must support sending such SMS messages.

There appears to be a Motorola USB Cellular Data Suite that includes software for downloading images from the phone and performing other activities, but it is only for PCs running Windows. To use that software with your iBook G4, you'd need to install Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac along a compatible copy of Windows (compatible with the Motorola software). There's still no guarantee that this approach would work, but it's your only option.

It's unfortunate that iSync does not recognize more than the address book and calendar on the phone.

You must be outside the US since I tried to find that phone's manual on the Motorola US site, but it wasn't available, implying that phone has not been sold in the US.

Good luck!

😉 Dr. Smoke
Author: Troubleshooting Mac® OS X

Getting photos off Motorola v226 via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.