Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no Shake 4 and Motion 4 support in Yosemite

I have Apple genes and I am a real fan, but now I am really ******!

Upgrade to Yosemite works fine but now my Motion and Shake aren't supported anymore.

OK, I have never a problem to invest so I will buy the Motion upgrade no probs

BUT

how about Shake??? There is no alternative, I miss a lot of features that are not present in Final Cut.

Is there anything I can do, or is the only option go back to Maverick?

Kind regards,

Aart

imac & powerbook & iphone, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 3:54 AM

Apple Shake 4 works in El Capitan public beta. it seems to work fine. good news indeed.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Jan 30, 2016 7:26 AM in response to Sasha985

APPLE SHAKE still works in latest version of EL CAPITAN.

It needs a slight tweak, though.

1. Right-click SHAKE.APP;

2. Go to SHOW PACKAGE CONTENT;

3. Go to Contents --> MacOS --> shake (it's an exec file, together with tshake; don't use/click tshake);

4. Double-click 'shake'. It first opens Terminal Window and right after Shake 4.1 is in front of your eyes;

5. Create an alias (a shortcut) of the file and place it whenever you want. It can be Application folder, or desktop. It CAN'T be seen from Launchpad though.

A quick HOW_TO: Shake 4.1 in El Capitan - YouTube - (click it)

Happy SHAKING.

Dec 21, 2016 8:48 AM in response to mcfunthomas

Thanks for this! That is fantastic. Shake is an awesome compositing program (and would be even better if supported). Mogenet, Brinkmann and friends should be proud that this application was developed by compositors FOR compositors. Why Apple decided it had effectively end of life in 06 is crap. Final Cut Pro X has it's features? Correct me if I'm wrong.

no Shake 4 and Motion 4 support in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.