Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i convert m4p to m4a so I can use in serato dj?

I just purchased a pioneer ddj-sx and serato dj. I'm trying to import some songs from iTunes and serato will only import m4a files and not m4p. Can I convert my purchased iTunes songs from m4p to m4a?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:03 PM

Sign up for iTunes Match, delete the M4P files, and download the M4A versions of them.

(114927)

7 replies

Oct 18, 2014 5:09 PM in response to ctownlance

ctownlance wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. It worked for most of the tracks I wanted. I have one album that only one out of eight tracks would download as m4a the rest came back m4p. Thanks again for your help.

For those few remaining ones, use iTunes to burn them to audio CD, and then rip back from the CD to MP3 or AAC.

Jan 21, 2016 3:50 PM in response to EdgarSergey

iTunes Match can only "match" songs that are currently sold by iTunes Store. If you have an older "protected" song purchased before early 2009, and it is no longer offered by iTunes Store, it will not match. In such cases, iTunes Match just uploads your old song file to your iCloud Music Library, and that's what you get back with you download the song.

how do i convert m4p to m4a so I can use in serato dj?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.