Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy issue (approval for child)

I originally posted this question under "Store" but it fits better here.......

I have set up family sharing in iTunes and created a child account for my daughter.

I am the organiser, using a Mac, and my daughter is using iTunes on a PC funded with her own iTunes gift cards.

I have received and also approved on my mac an “ask to buy” request from my daughter for permission to complete a song purchase on her PC. I am a little confused as to what happens next.

I had hoped that once i approved it she could then continue with the purchase on her PC using her account money however nothing happens.

The documentation says

………………..

If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite:

1. Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.)
  2. Approve or decline the purchase.
  3. If you approve, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to make the purchase.

After it's purchased, the item is added to the family member’s account and shared with the rest of the family group.

…………………………..

Where do i sign in? On my mac or her PC. I want the payment to come from her own funds on her own account. Once I approved the notification it disappeared and i don’t see it in “notifications”

I am sure this is very simple. Where am i going wrong?

Thanks

MR F

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 5:19 PM

I had the same issue. Once I approved the purchase, my son had to click on the album again in iTunes and it downloaded. Although it asked for my credit card security code initially, it did not bill by card. The payment came from my son's iTunes credits.

4 replies

Oct 21, 2014 10:56 AM in response to Mr Fimble

Hello Mr Fimble,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are the Family Organizer and don't want to pay for purchases of other members. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Family purchases and payments

With Family Sharing, one adult in the family—the family organizer—agrees to pay for any iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases that other family members initiate while they're part of the family group.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day,

Mario

Ask to buy issue (approval for child)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.