Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Minimize button in iTunes 12.0.1.26

iTunes 12 Yosemite:

does not have the button o minimize to the miniplayer. No way to force it to minimize to mini player in preferences. When I minimize iTunes 12, it reduces it to the taskbar player, which is not as functional as the miniplayer.

Any help

Thans

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:15 PM

9 replies

Oct 18, 2014 2:54 PM in response to Finnish

Oh! Dear users: the button is hidden on the pic of the album. When the mouse pointer is over that area appears.

Hidden button!!!! very useful! Let's hide others icons as well!! So bad designed.

By the way, when the player is minimized, you can get full sized again pressing the X, this is quite confusing, because the X is always to close windows no to restore it!!! thank you dear apple.

Oct 19, 2014 11:18 PM in response to Finnish

I was also looking for the old minimise button that used to sit in the top right corner of iTunes 11 - gone.

User uploaded file

@Finnish, your instructions really helped - thanks.

I took some screenshots to show the instructions.

" the button is hidden on the pic of the album. When the mouse pointer is over that area appears."

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Minimised miniplayer, to return to main window.

"when the player is minimized, you can get full sized again pressing the X"

User uploaded file

No Minimize button in iTunes 12.0.1.26

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.