Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Remote Management and screen sharing now very slow between two MacBook Pros running Yosemite?

Why is Remote Management and screen sharing now very slow between two MacBook Pros running Yosemite?

I just updated two MacBook Pros to Yosemite and Remote Management and screen sharing is now very slow and laggy.

The connection now takes several minutes or fails outright after a few minutes. Once connected it is now very laggy.

The remote connection via vnc://<ip_addr> was very quick when both were running Mavericks yesterday and when I had updated the remote MacBook to Yosemite and my local machine was still running Mavericks earlier today.

The issue only appeared once I updated my local MacBook Pro to Yosemite today. Now the vnc connection either fails after several minutes or connects and is very laggy.

I can connect to the remote MacBook Pro via a VNC client on a Windows machine and it's still pretty quick on my network so this is not a network issue but rather an issue since both MacBooks have been updated to Yosemite as of today and the issue only appeared once the 2nd MacBook was updated to Yosemite.

So to recap:

1.) When both MacBooks were running Maverick yesterday no issues connecting via vnc or with any lag.

2.) When remote MacBook was updated to Yosemite and local MacBook was still on Mavericks earlier today no issues connecting via vnc or with any lag.

3.) When connecting to remote Macbook running Yosemite with a Windows machine with a vnc client no issues connecting or any lag.

4.) Only when connecting between both MacBooks running Yosemite do I have connection issues and lag.

BTW, the local MacBook after updating to Yosemite is fine connecting to anything else on the network, internet, etc. so this is not an issue with the local MacBook Pro or with the networks either MacBook is running on. The only issue is with the vnc connection between both MacBooks now running Yosemite.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:20 PM

37 replies

Nov 4, 2014 9:37 AM in response to sratzlaff

The same happens to me when remotely managing a Mac Mini Yosemite from my Mavericks iMac 27".

Take in consideration, please, that "remotely" means 20 feet on a perfectly working WiFi network

The same on Ethernet cable 😟

BTW speed was at the top, when Mac Mini was running Mavericks 😟 😟

No other Macs on hands in order to perform comparative tests!

Any thoughts?

/Stefano

Systems Configuration

==================

• iMac 27"

OSX 10.9.5

Screen Sharing Prefs:

- Display: Show Full Size

- Quality: Adapt to network conditions

• Mac Mini

OSX 10.10

Nov 4, 2014 3:55 PM in response to Stefano Lesandrini

I never got any other response for this issue, sorry!

All I know is that a VNC client running on a Windows pc works fine connecting to my remote MacBook Pro running Yosemite.

It's very strange that this would only appear once updating to Yosemite.

Both MacBooks connect to other internet sites just fine, no lag. I'm just learning to live with the issue until a fix is made, hopefully there will be a fix.

Dec 17, 2014 11:57 AM in response to bcometa

That doesn't make one bit of difference. For me the screen sharing works for about five or ten minutes without problems, then gets laggy and unusable. Only solution I have found so far is to close the screen sharing window, then open it up again from the Finder. PITA but that's the only thing that works so far, for five or ten minutes... Hoping that Apple will fix this soon.

Running 10.10.1 on both machines. One is a mid 2011 27" iMac and the other a late 2013 MacBook Pro 15".

Jan 7, 2015 6:03 PM in response to sratzlaff

And another one....

Under Mavericks and below using the built-in Screen Sharing app (hidden the the System/Library/Core Services/Applications folder for some unknown reason), I could almost instantly connect to other Macs on my network AND across the internet with know IP addresses. It worked PERFECTLY.

As soon as I upgraded to Yosemite, remote connections take up to a minute or more to connect (if at all). Though once connected, it still works pretty well.

It just takes way too long to connect, and fails about half the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.