Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access Airport Extreme after Yosemite install.

I can't access my airport extreme in finder after installing Yosemite.

I have a portable HDD connected to it, and I could access files from it before installing Yosemite.
Trying to access from a brand new Macbook Pro Retina and a Macbook Air mid 2013, both with Yosemite installed.

The Airport extreme is the latest model with version # 7.3.3

When trying to connect in (with password) finder I get a message saying that the version of the server I am trying to connect to is not supported, contact the system administrator.

I tried resetting the router, and setting up a new network, but same results.

Hope someone can help, thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:55 PM

61 replies

Oct 19, 2014 2:52 AM in response to arsenio3d

Same issue, albeit with an older Airport Extreme, which suggests at least that buying a newer version of the hardware isn't the obvious solution. The Airport Utility (v6.3.4) isn't providing solutions either. I've tried setting permissions on the Airport to access via Account as well as Device password to no avail.

MacBook Pro, late 2012

OS Yosemite release

Airport Extreme circa 2005

Oct 20, 2014 6:28 PM in response to negitek

I am having a similar issue. I upgraded to Yosemite and lost access to my printer which is connected to my Airport. I initially thought it was a problem with the printer but after connecting the printer directly to my MacBook Pro, it works. However, I still cannot print when it was connected to my Airport.

I opened up my iMac which has not been upgraded to Yosemite and it can print wirelessly via the Airport. So I know my Airport is working which I also know from my MacBook Pro because it has not lost access to the internet.

I opened up my Airport Utility and can see that i am connected to the internet but cannot pull up the airport itself to allow me to reconnect to my printer (just as others cannot connect to external hard drives).

I suspect its a bug with Yosemite and am hoping a fix comes soon. I will let the airport utility cycle overnight to see if it finds my Airport similar to others who merely waited. I am on 28 minutes and counting for it trying to find the Airport.

Oct 21, 2014 3:34 PM in response to arsenio3d

The only thing I've noted now is that, as our laptop shares two users, we are able to connect to the USB attached drive if only one of us is logged in, but not if both of us are logged in. Whoever hits the drive first has ownership, and the second of us to login isn't given 'permission' to access the files. I can say honestly that I tracked this previous to the Yosemite upgrade, but I can say for certain that in all the time we've shared use of our laptop previous to the upgrade, we weren't experiencing the access issue.

Owlmama, I'm on v7.6.4 of the Airport Utility, and IPv6 isn't enabled on either our laptop or our Airport Extreme.

Can't access Airport Extreme after Yosemite install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.