Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrapbook and Snapshots screensavers no longer work after Yosemite upgrade

Upgraded to Yosemite and discovered that the Scrapbook and Snapshots screensaver modules don't work now. Here's how they appear in my screensaver preference pane:

User uploaded file

The Scrapbook screensaver doesn't work at all; the Snapshots screensaver will load but isn't fully functional - it only displays a single photo at a time, it doesn't show the background photos any more. Snapshots was my preferred screensaver too. Any thoughts besides a clean reinstallation of Yosemite?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

500 GB Flash storage

Intel Iris 1536 MB

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 2:51 AM

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

Oscar Wilde

FYI:

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13

iMac Late 2009

23 Dec 2017 - Same annoyance.

Nothing so persistent can be unintentional.

Nothing so consistent can be left unignored.

Something so persistent and consistent is void of empathy.

Something void of empathy is emulating MSFT.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2017 2:51 AM in response to devob

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

Oscar Wilde

FYI:

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13

iMac Late 2009

23 Dec 2017 - Same annoyance.

Nothing so persistent can be unintentional.

Nothing so consistent can be left unignored.

Something so persistent and consistent is void of empathy.

Something void of empathy is emulating MSFT.

Oct 21, 2014 6:47 PM in response to devob

Apple tells me in their help section of he web that they don't do that any more "for security reasons." Is it because independent companies can now sell you screensavers through the web? I have hundreds of screensaver photos I love but can't use them now. I hear not a peep from Macworld. Don't they know about this? If it's for security reasons, why not tell us (in a general sense) what those reasons are?

Nov 28, 2014 12:20 AM in response to Tillone

I saw, from a clean install of Yosemite of a friend, that these two screensavers are not there.
Probably I have brought them back from Snow Leopard.
I would like to remove them from the list of screensaver (or recharge the list of default screensaver), you know if it is possible and how?
I thought I would delete the file screensaver.plist, but I would not combine damage.
Thank you and hello

Mar 21, 2015 2:25 PM in response to devob

I contacted Apple support and had an in-depth conversation and review of the problem - no charge. Bottom line is that though the icon may appear in Yosemite screensaver Scrapbook andSnapshots have been removed as options. No other screensavers replaced them. This makes no sense. If you mess with a perfectly beautiful screensaver at least replace it with an application of equal value - which Apple developers chose not to do. I was advised to make my opinion known to Apple, was assured they read the feedbacks and if enough customers complain Apple will make a change as they did when they returned Camera Roll on the iPhone. apple.com/feedback

Scrapbook and Snapshots screensavers no longer work after Yosemite upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.