Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does this app even support enhanced podcasts??

I'm confused...... I swear this used to work, but I can't get enhanced podcasts to show their content anymore. A google search and cursory glance through the support forum shows that the enhanced podcast seems to have fallen out of favour and had a pretty troubled life with Apple. Did they finally decide to just stop supporting it? There's zero information about it as far as I can see.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 11:59 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 11:48 AM in response to dandig

Not sure if you ever got an answer for another source but, sadly, enhanced podcasts seem to be a thing of the past. Apple's updated Garage Band has dropped all podcast creation tools and their Podcast app doesn't support playback of the images, although the chapter marks are there. I find this very disappointing as I have a podcast I produce that are all enhanced....and will continue to be so.

The only workarounds I've found so far are to download (as opposed to stream) the episodes into Itunes on your computere (not your mobile device). Also, downloading and playing the episode in Safari also seems to work.

There are a lot of naysayers out there who think podcasts should be "audio only"....and I get that point of view to a degree. But why not have more options as opposed to less? It seems silly to me.

Good luck!

Does this app even support enhanced podcasts??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.