Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: iPhoto

I downloaded OS X Yosemite yesterday, the progress bar at the end of the installation seems to sit there not moving. My iPhoto is the latest vn which I have downloaded through the Apple store but the folder is empty. When I click :

"iPhoto Library is closed on a locked disk or you do not have permission to make changes to it. iPhoto can try to repair ....

Please help!

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 12:46 AM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2014 2:38 AM in response to deborahjohansen

Where is your iPhoto Iibrary? Is it on an external drive? Then check the file system of the drive. The library needs to be on a locally mounted disk formatted MacOS Extended (Journaled), if it is not in your Pictures folder or on your system drive.

See: iPhoto: Issues with FAT32-formatted drives

Format external drives to Mac OS Extended before using with Aperture

Oct 19, 2014 3:00 AM in response to deborahjohansen

Couple of things to try:

Restart your mac and try launch iPhoto again.

If that fails:

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a file called ‘iPhoto’Lock.data or similar. Drag it to the Desktop. Make no other changes. Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If not: Where is your iPhoto Library stored? If it's on an External Disk, what format is that?

Re: iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.