Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 at

hello

pls help me

i just bought a brand new iphone 6 from a local store in cairo , egypt which cost me around 1000 us dollars,,, and then after unboxing it , and powering on choosing language and other things ,, then ask for at&t activation, i found a sim card with logo at&t inside the phone ,, i searched online it appears to be an american celluar network ,, i tried the online unlock procedure on their web site but it keep asking me the account name which of course i dont know and his social no which i even dont know what that mean

also i found a number on the sim card ,, i added the us country code to it and then i called , and when i asked the guy about his name and social no , he started yelling and cursing at me and hang up

so now the situation is i i paid thousand dollar and i cant even get my phone to work.

pls help

thnx

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 6:23 AM

That indicates that the phone was originally purchased under a contract with AT&T at a discount. The only way to complete the setup of the phone is to have the social security number and correct phone number of the person who purchased it.

You will need to contact the seller and have them provide the information or return the phone to them. There is no bypass for that.

iPhone (United States): Understanding 'Confirm Your Phone Number' screen

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Sameh3k2000

That indicates that the phone was originally purchased under a contract with AT&T at a discount. The only way to complete the setup of the phone is to have the social security number and correct phone number of the person who purchased it.

You will need to contact the seller and have them provide the information or return the phone to them. There is no bypass for that.

iPhone (United States): Understanding 'Confirm Your Phone Number' screen

Oct 19, 2014 6:28 AM in response to Sameh3k2000

You were scammed. You bought a USA locked phone. You will not be able to activate it as you are not an ATT customer. And ATT has unlocking policies in place that require you to have a contract (usually 24 months) before they unlock it. And for that you need to be a US resident with a SSN.

The phone is worthless to you. Return the phone for a refund (if possible), or sell it to someone that can use it on the ATT network. Good luck

Iphone 6 at

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.