Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th gen Nano pauses randomly using aux port in car

I've seen a similar question in one or two other posts but I didn't get an answer and I wanted to express exactly what I'm experiencing.

It's as simple as the title states. When I'm using headphones, I never have a problem. When I'm using my aux cables with my portable speaker, I never a problem. However, I tried using two different aux cables in two different cars and randomly the songs will just pause, almost as if the aux cord disconnected and the iPod simply paused the music the way iPods do when the headphones get pulled. It usually happens at least 2 times per song. My car stereo has an iPod-friendly usb port and I have tried using my usb charger to connect to the stereo, which works fine with no skipping, however the stereo iPod control is simply obnoxious. I want my aux port to work so I can listen to any artist I want to without clicking through all 12 gigs of music. My iPod Nano 7th gen is only about 2 months old and I checked to make sure it is up-to-date on the latest firmware. The only thing I haven't tried that I can think of is resetting to factory defaults, but I simply can't imagine why that would solve my problem. If anyone legitimately thinks it will help then I will try it but I'm mainly looking for new opinions and suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

iPod nano, 7th Gen

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 6:17 AM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2014 6:36 AM in response to Helifano

Hey there Helifano,

If I understand correctly, it seems like the aux port is disconnecting when you use it with a vehicle, which makes the songs it plays pause but when you use it with an external speaker it works without issue. It comes down to either software, or hardware. I'm leaning more toward software because in general hardware issues are more consistently reproducible, so I would start by resetting the Nano, rather than just restarting it and having another go.

How to reset iPod

How to reset an iPod nano (7th generation)

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. The Apple logo should appear after a few seconds, then the Home screen should appear.

If that does not seem to resolve the issue, I would indeed next restore the software on the iPod using iTunes, then retest the issue:

Restoring iPod to factory settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

7th gen Nano pauses randomly using aux port in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.