Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off two-step verification

If I look up this question I get an answer that is not correct.

I must turn it off, please tell me how...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 7:35 AM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2014 7:52 AM in response to mark.frencken

The page you came here from:

Apple ID: Turning off two-step verification for your Apple ID

provides the correct method - why did you think it was wrong? Of course when you go to http://appleid.apple.com you will have to go through the 2-steps to get into it, requiring the password and either the code sent to your 'trusted device' or the emergency code you were given when you set it up.

Oct 19, 2014 9:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The issue however is, that there is no such button or selection box or anything at all that implies turning twofold authorization off ...

The issue is, I have just updated my wife's phone to IOS 8.02 and after that (we're all using the same apple account at home) I had to look up some authentication id on my own phone just to set up hers, and it was supposed to be just an update.

Since I would not like to be bothered with this (and neither does she when we're working and at some point, for some unforeseen reason apple decides to sent some pin code to my phone because my wife wants to log in to some wifi access point) I would very much like to switch all of this off.

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering.

regards,

Mark

Oct 25, 2014 5:06 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I don't have any of those options either. For instance.... I go to 'Password and Security' It's asking me 2 security questions which I don't remember ever filling in. There is no link on the page for anything and yes I do have a verified rescue address linked to the account. The only clickable link on the page is 'Temporary Support PIN' Which I've no clue what to do with or what it's for. I can't change my password or do anything.

I think Apple changed these pages and didn't update the instruct?

Oct 25, 2014 5:08 AM in response to meagain1

What you describe is what you would see if 2-step verification had not been set up. If you are sure that you really did set it up then plainly something is not as it should be. You should probably contact Support. Go to https://getsupport.apple.com ; click 'See all products and services', then 'More Products and Services, then 'Apple ID', then 'Other Apple ID Topics' then 'Apple ID account Security'.

How can I turn off two-step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.