Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

InDesign CS 4 Crashing When Trying To Print.

my Mac iOS is Yosemite. I Have The Crash Report Is You Need It. Basically After updating my iOS, whenever i try to print within Adobe InDesign CS4 , it crashes. I didn't have this issue with Mac iOS Mavericks. This Just Happens with InDesign CS, I Can Print through Photoshop. I had to transfer over a page from indesign into photoshop to print it. Hopefully this won't have to be a permanent solution...

Adobe Support was of no help when trying to ask for help. Basically they said that this CS4 isn't supported:

"CS4 is not supported on Mavericks, let alone Yosemite. If you did an inplace upgrade that complicates things. Basically, you're on your own here and should expect things to be problematic." - MVP
"Typically, MacOS versions do not maintain application program compatibility very well. (Apple doesn't seem to understand that such incompatibility is a problem for users of complex application software.)" - Staff

As mentioned to them and to you, i didn't have this issue before updating to iOS Yosemite. Will Adobe & Apple try to help their customers? Will Apple fix this issue in a future update?

As i stated previously, I had Mavericks installed prior to the update and the program worked just fine. the program ( as well as the other CS4 products) works except for the print issue on indesign.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 8:03 AM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2014 8:13 AM in response to MIMCMA

I highly doubt CS4 would be compatible. No surprise.

Never post serial numbers online.

This is not MacBook Pro forum and you likely want the 10.10 forums.

Always have a backup you can restore from while testing so you have a safety net - and check RoaringApps.com for compatibility chart. I always assume it may be six months for compatibility testing and updates to be completed and a new OS has bugs out (though public beta should lessen and help that)

InDesign CS 4 Crashing When Trying To Print.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.