Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari still redirect to App Store

Hi,

is there supposed to be a setting to disable website redirects to the App Store? I still get these redirects even after I updated my iOS device to version 8.0.2.

thanks

iPad Mini, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 9:44 AM

It's an ad on whatever page you are visiting. The only way around it is to stop visiting that site or use an ad blocking app. I got Weblock which I find works well, but there may be others out there that you like better.

Unfortunately, browser hijack ads are all the rage now.

5 replies

Oct 19, 2014 10:01 AM in response to WWLC

You're welcome. You can send Apple feedback and let them know that it's still happening

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I experienced it a couple of times then got the app and haven't. Its one limitation is that it sets up a proxy for each internet access point you're on. So while i may be ad free at home, when I go to work and use their wifi I'm not since they don't like proxies.

Dec 2, 2014 8:48 AM in response to WWLC

I visit the website tupaki.com which annoyed me much in the past with redirecting to App Store.

Now, I figured out a way to fix this issue. Follow these steps.

1. Clear the browse history and then close all the webpages. Close the safari browser.

2. Next, tap on settings button on home screen. Go to safari ---> PRIVACY & SECURITY---> Block cookies---> choose the option ' allow from current website only'.

3. Now open the safari browser and visit the same website. Magic! You won't have any troubles from that webpage anymore.

This worked out good for me so far. Good luck!

Safari still redirect to App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.