Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot re-sync iCloud keychain since upgrade

When I installed Yosemite, I was forced to re-add the iCloud keychain back to all of my devices. I did this quickly on my iPad and iPhone, but I am having issues doing that step on my Mac (which had the iCloud Keychain under 10.9). When I do that, I get this message: "iCloud Keychain could not be set up because there was a problem communicating with iCloud. Try turning on Keychain again."

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 2:43 PM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Cobalt Jacket

After attempting to try various workarounds, I manually saved out any credentials I had in the iCloud keychain and disabled it on all active devices. I then created a new one on an iOS device and that was OK, but I tried to add that new one to my Yosemite Mac and received the same message. I cannot even create a new one on the Yosemite Mac.

There are a lot of errors in the system console along these lines:

Oct 31 09:59:29 SYSTEMNAME.local secd[338]: securityd_xpc_dictionary_handler CloudKeychainPro[740] EnsurePeerRegistration The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -536870160 - Kern return error)

Oct 31 09:59:29 SYSTEMNAME.local CloudKeychainProxy[740]: __45-[UbiqitousKVSProxy doEnsurePeerRegistration]_block_invoke <U-K--epC---> ensurePeerRegistration called, failure (The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -536870160 - Remote error : The operation couldn‚Äôt be completed. (Mach error -536870160 - Kern return error)))

Oct 31 09:59:29 SYSTEMNAME.local CloudKeychainProxy[740]: __45-[UbiqitousKVSProxy doEnsurePeerRegistration]_block_invoke_2 <U-K--epC---> ensurePeerRegistration failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -536870160 - Remote error : The operation couldn‚Äôt be completed. (Mach error -536870160 - Kern return error))

Cannot re-sync iCloud keychain since upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.