Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen saver default keeps changing

After the recent upgrade to IOS8 my screensaver won't stay on my iPhotos. It keeps changing it back to nature photo's. I go back in and change it back and it works but then an hour later I'm seeing nature photo's scroll across my screen instead of my family.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 3:37 PM

23 replies

Oct 23, 2014 7:11 AM in response to Randall Parrott

I tried doing a support chat with Apple and they were absolutely useless! The person basically just told me how to set up screensaver. As if i didn't know how already, I do this many times a day because of this stupid glitch! After I explained to him that I now how to change the screensaver he said I was basically out of luck. Nice Support!

Nov 1, 2014 1:38 PM in response to Mattwalt

I spent about a hour on the phone with Apple support last weekend and couldn't fix it. Supposedly it has been sent to an "engineer" who is going to try and solve the problem and get back to me. I haven't heard back yet. They admitted though that this is probably a glitch with the new operating system and will probably have to fix it with an update.

Nov 1, 2014 3:00 PM in response to Mattwalt

User uploaded file User uploaded file Level 10 (132,515 points)

Linc Davis Oct 25, 2014 1:18 PM
Re: Since I upgraded to Yosemite my screen saver keeps reverting to the default pictures in response to wood0 | This solved my question

Back up all data. Quit System Preferences if it's running.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost

In the Finder, select

Go â–¹ Go to Folder...

from the menu bar. Paste into the box that opens (command-V), then press return. A folder should open. If it does, look for a file with a long name that begins "com.apple.screensaver". There may be several such files. Move them all to the Trash.

Log out or restart the computer. Test. If the problem is resolved, empty the Trash and recreate your settings in the Screen Saver tab.

This worked for me.

screen saver default keeps changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.