Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes podcast playlist not appearing in iOS 8

Anyone else unable to see iTunes playlists in iOS 8?

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 5:07 AM

I've found this occur with a couple of my podcast-only playlists. I found these playlists in the music app, however they were empty.

Removing them from the iphone and resyncing them did not fix the issue

8 replies

Oct 22, 2014 11:47 AM in response to heinrichb

There is no "more" in my podcast app....

There's only "My podcasts", "My Stations", "Featured", "Top Charts", and "Search"

Playlists that are displaying normally for me can be seen under "My Stations" -> "Itunes Playlists". However, as mentioned in my previous post, a couple of these podcast only playlists don't appear here. For some reason they are listed in the music app as zero item playlists.

Jul 23, 2015 3:09 PM in response to robstack

I was having podcast only playlists that wouldn't show up in the iPhone. I selected all of the podcasts in the playlist and went --> Get Info --> Options --> Media Kind and changed them from "Podcast" to "Music." I actually changed them to "Audiobooks" afterward, because then I could take advantage of that feature allowing me to pick up where I left off. I did this all because of the terrible Podcasts app on the iPhone that was double-syncing podcasts and taking up twice as much space as it needed to.

Jul 24, 2015 11:49 AM in response to bjstrew

Okay final update: what we worked for me is that, instead of dragging podcast files directly from the Finder into an iPhone playlist, I first dropped them into an iTunes playlist, then changed the Media Type to "Music" and blanked the Genre (one of those steps is probably redundant), then finally dragged them onto an iPhone playlist. Now they appear in playlists on my iPhone's Music app.

itunes podcast playlist not appearing in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.