Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not seem to free up storage space on Iphone 6

When I go to settings - iCloud, I can see that I have only 844mb free. If I click further it shows total 5gb, iphone is 2.9gb (2.4gb pics) and ipad 1.2gb and mail 25.5mb. I have deleted my Iphone photos from 700 to 137 a couple days ago. I then went into albums and deleted from "recently deleted". I hoped this would free up some space in a day or two but nothing changed. I still h ave only 137 photos on my iphone but many of the pics I took and deleted on my iphone show up on my ipad. I would like to keep the photos separate on each device. Should I change settings - icloud - photos from on to off? What will it take for my iphone storage to finally free up (after I deleted so many photos)?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 3:37 PM

7 replies

Aug 15, 2015 8:43 AM in response to BMWRocks

That was it! I have tried everything including the following process suggested in this order that did NOT work:

1. backup phone

2. restore OS

3. restore backup

The "Storage Full" message after deleting pictures, apps, and all of the above still appeared.

All deleted pictures were still in the "recoverable" mode in ALBUMs on my phone. This solution freed up 5 GIGS on my iphone 6

Can not seem to free up storage space on Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.