Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When recording a slideshow, why does audio stop recording after about 30 seconds even though slides and presentation continues?

I'm doing everything the same and have made many successful slideshow recordings using Keynote, but since updating the Yosemite and then updating Keynote the audio just stops recording after about 30 seconds.

The slides keep on changing and recording the video, but after 30 seconds the audio stops recording even though it seems to be registering the sound and the mic is not muted in Keynote.

Is there some change or new setting I am not aware of that needs to be altered?

Any advice would be helpful as I need to record a lot of presentations.

OS X Yosemite version 10.10

Keynote version 6.5

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 5:15 PM

19 replies

Oct 25, 2014 1:47 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I can't imagine this will work as the the application is tied into a specific computer and user ID to prevent unauthorised use of single use applications. Copying over has not worked with previous versions of Keynote.

It worked for me. I guess it could be because we bought our Macs together and have home sharing or something. Either way, I'm running Yosemite but with Keynote 6.2.2. and not updating again until Apple do something about this bug.

Oct 26, 2014 9:11 AM in response to esrose

Yes. With the file type of Single File, the audio cut off (within Keynote as well as within exported QuickTimes) at 30 seconds. Changing the file type ON THE SAME KEYNOTE FILE to Package resulted in the audio playing fully. The audio component is obviously still contained within the file, but it simply doesn't get played with the file type set to Single File.

When recording a slideshow, why does audio stop recording after about 30 seconds even though slides and presentation continues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.