Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray looking smudge on iPhone 6 display

Just bought my iPhone six and received it a couple of days ago. I noticed that when my screen is on a white background, like in Notes, a darker gray looking smudge (about 1 1/2" long) is in the middle of the screen. I attempted to wipe the screen and the case's screen protector to ensure it wasn't a surface smudge and sure enough it is not on the surface and it is still present without the case on. Very frustrating. I have an appointment with the Genius Bar tomorrow... hoping they will replace it for me. Anyone else having issues like this or have had a success story with the Genius Bar with a situation like this?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 7:19 PM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2014 6:39 AM in response to JumboRun

Confirmed same issue with me although my replacement is much better than my first one I got at Verizon and the first replacement that Genius bar brought out. I don't see it on my wife's iPhone 6 so will probably try again. I looked at my current one in the store before I left and didn't notice it, but it's slightly obvious now which bugs me on white screens.,

Gray looking smudge on iPhone 6 display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.