Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No USB Ethernet option in Network

USB 2.0 10/100M Ethernet Adaptor:

Product ID: 0x9700

Vendor ID: 0x0fe6

Version: 1.01

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x14200000 / 7

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 120

These are the specifications that i get under Applications->utilities->system information->USB. My problem is that there is no USB option in my Network (yes i have tried clicking the '+' to add,there is no option for usb in the drop down interface list) Rather than getting the thing to work ,i would be happy to get the usb option in Networks at least . i have tried installing drivers left and right but still no luck. Help? Somebody ?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 9:57 PM

7 replies

Jan 3, 2015 11:01 AM in response to EricThomson

I have the same issue with the same device. So far, I've been unable to fix it. The little bugger lights up like its working but I cannot connect though it. I'll let you know if I find something if you'll do the same. Kicking myself for not just spending the money on a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter. I've saved no money since I've spent the last 2 days working on this issue.

Jan 5, 2015 5:43 AM in response to EricThomson

While you do list a USB vendor ID you do not make it clear what make of adapter you are using, I would guess it is not the Apple one as firstly the Apple one does not need an additional driver and secondly it has no lights on it. (I have just successfully tested the Apple one under Yosemite 10.10.1)

I have not looked at 10/100 USB2 adaptors for Mac other than Apple's but for 10/100/1000 USB3 Ethernet adaptors most of these use the same Asix chipset and hence use the same drivers, this includes the KanexLive branded one for example. These drivers did have to be updated for Yosemite compatibility, you can get the KanexLive one from their website, but the generic driver is available here http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=131;71;112 as you will see this was only released towards the end of December 2014.

No USB Ethernet option in Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.