Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yosemite airplay video and audio stutter

After upgrading to the official Yosemite /not the beta version/ on my iMac 2013 and MBP the airplay streaming of video and audio through any of my two Apple TVs results in intermittent audio and video stuttering which can drive one crazy. Sound and picture are choppy no matter from which computer or to which apple tv streaming is implemented. Any advice how to fix this issue - airplay has become practically unusable to me and family....

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 10:48 PM

34 replies

Oct 22, 2014 12:05 PM in response to PDanchev

You can see here that many people report for this problem.Unfortunately, OS X Yosemite has a minor bug and can stream correct video and audio to Apple TV via AirPlay. You can not do nothing expect to wait for next OS X update. I have same problem and can use my apple TV.

I don't know why Apple doesn't fix this before official OS X Yosemite release, because this problem was report in there beta program from many users.

Nov 8, 2014 5:11 PM in response to PDanchev

I have an iMac, but tried the Safe Mode/permission fix/SCM and no luck. The stutter is still present on my Airport Expresses. Then I connected a wired mouse and shut bluetooth off. Still no luck. Tried the Sound Preference suggested. Adjusting the Audio Midi. No. No. And, no luck. I have rebooted all the components. I guess my only option is to wait for an Apple fix. It's very disappointing. :-( I wish I could revert to Mavericks.

Nov 11, 2014 12:06 AM in response to sgAppleUser

Has anyone else contacted apple support about this issue? I recently spoke to a support tech and he said he couldn't recreate the issue we are having and that to fix the issue was either to wait for an update (which may or may not fix it) or revert back to Mavericks. Fingers crossed that an update is out soon and fixes this problem. Any comments welcome.

Nov 11, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Pan_Kun

I have the exact same problem and am on the latest software for both the TV and iMac.. Turning off blue tooth would disable my mouse and I would be up a creek with no paddle.. so not a good fix at all. I can't believe there are this many complaints (yes I filed a report with apple) and no fix in site. This should be a patch at the least. It makes the Apple TV less than useable.. I mean watching Downton Abby is hard enough strait without everyone jumping around

Nov 11, 2014 9:11 PM in response to bobfharris13

Very frustrating not being able to stream properly to the Apple TV, I am sure many of you bought the Apple TV for that purpose alone, as I did.

I can't understand why the Apple support tech guy couldn't recreate this issue while so many of us are have the exact same problem. I am hoping an update will be out soon to fix this. Thanks for your reply, I am glad others are contacting apple about this 🙂

yosemite airplay video and audio stutter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.