Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn that really awful album view off while tilting music player to horizontal?

I couldnt find a way to turn it off, so is it really so that you cant turn it off? If so is there any plans on making it possible to turn it off?

Its really annoying because first of all i dont want to see some awful album view ever(i prefer to make playlists from records i have and playlist folders for each artist and i think so does everyone else who is mentally capable of doing that and has more than 5 albums on their iphone), it just stacks the records next to random. Even if i would use it, it doesent even say the names of the albums, but shows the album covers only.. Not only does not all "albums" have cover, but also some of them have the same cover.

I can see some very few people who cant really use their phone to find it helpful in some level, but people who can use their phone and doesent see it inconvenient to swipe once or twice to get to another playlist. This just means that you need to use the music player vertically all the time and if you happen to tilt the phone horizontally you need to tilt it back and get annoyed by something as stupid as this.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 4:40 AM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2014 5:07 AM in response to Tomess

Until the software offers such an option, perhaps you should not turn your iPhone Horizontal while using the Music. It would be relatively easy to just turn the iPhone vertical and see a listing of all your Music with the information you prefer. There are many issues that people would like to see modified, but I have not don't think I have seen this concern on a list of desired changes before.

Oct 20, 2014 5:55 AM in response to Tomess

Nothing in your post is a technical problem. It's working exactly as designed but you seem to have less than a full understanding of how it works:

I couldnt find a way to turn it off, so is it really so that you cant turn it off? If so is there any plans on making it possible to turn it off?

No way to turn it off, and no one here would know what Apple's plans are. We are all users like you.

Its really annoying because first of all i dont want to see some awful album view ever(i prefer to make playlists from records i have and playlist folders for each artist and i think so does everyone else who is mentally capable of doing that and has more than 5 albums on their iphone),

Design is always subjective. Just because you don't fine it useful does't mean others don't. I have many more than 5 albums on my phone and use the view when I tire of what I'm listening to. It saves me time having to navigate back through the app to find something else.

...it just stacks the records next to random.

They're alphabetical by Album name, which is not exactly "next to random."

Even if i would use it, it doesent even say the names of the albums, but shows the album covers only.

Tap any cover to see the album name and track listing.

Not only does not all "albums" have cover, but also some of them have the same cover.

This is an issue with your metadata or sort settings.

I can see some very few people who cant really use their phone to find it helpful in some level, but people who can use their phone and doesent see it inconvenient to swipe once or twice to get to another playlist. This just means that you need to use the music player vertically all the time and if you happen to tilt the phone horizontally you need to tilt it back and get annoyed by something as stupid as this.

That's all pretty insulting to those of us who actually do know how to use our iPhones and still find it useful.

Jan 25, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Tomess

Tomess,

I totally agree with you. There needs to be a way to turn this tilt to see album view on and off. I will be running on a treadmill struggling to switch songs because my wrist will be slightly tilted and I will have to mess with the rotation while running just to go to a new song... If others enjoy this feature that's great but there should be a way to turn it off. On my iPod second gen I'm positive that you could turn this rotation issue off. It was an option in settings.

Jan 25, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Lumbys hero

...There needs to be a way to turn this tilt to see album view on and off. I will be running on a treadmill struggling to switch songs because my wrist will be slightly tilted and I will have to mess with the rotation while running just to go to a new song...

As has been stated before, there is no way to turn it off. Why don't you just use the iPhone Rotation Lock? It has the same effect by locking the device into it's preferred orientation. You can run on your treadmill and not worry about the Album View carousel.

How to turn that really awful album view off while tilting music player to horizontal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.