Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks no longer obvious in iTunes

Hello All,

An important issue has come to the surface with the new iTunes software and that it no longer houses iBooks along the top banner.

I really like the new iTunes look and feel but think it will hurt book sales now that it is not clear and obvious to have iBooks in a promement place.

It is possible to customise and edit the menu preference along the top left hand size but iBooks is not here another interesting issue.

All opinions are welcome…

Regards,

Nigel

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 5:27 AM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2014 7:14 AM in response to Nigel Baker

Not sure about how it looks on Windows, but on a Mac the Audiobooks icon (if you have it enabled) shows you the audiobooks books that you have in your library, and the iTunes Store link on that paper of your library takes you to the books and audiobooks section of the store - those icons, which allow you to access the different sections of your library (and store), are the only icons that you can customise.

But as Macs on Mavericks or Yosemite have their own iBooks app, that is presumably where Apple expect you access the iBookstore, not from iTunes.

Oct 20, 2014 8:12 AM in response to King_Penguin

Hello King _Penguin,

Yes I can appreciate that and understand that they are breaking apart the parts but why?

From a main stream point of view I can only see this hurting and since everything else is accessible through iTunes why not the book too.

Why make it harder for people to find things.

Would love to hear other peoples views on this, Yay or Nay and what you think… maybe Apple might pick up on this issue.

Regards,

Nigel

Oct 20, 2014 8:46 AM in response to Nigel Baker

With Mavericks (and now Yosemite and iTunes 12) iTunes is effectively just a tool for syncing books to a device, the management of them (including putting them into collections, reading them) is done via the iBooks app - so to a degree having that as the main place for accessing the iBookstore makes sense. What it's like Windows I don't know, I haven't managed to find any info..

Once you are in the store in iTunes you can access the different content types via the bottom left of the store's pages

In terms of Apple, these are user-to-user forums, if you want to leave feedback for them : http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

iBooks no longer obvious in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.