Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does itunes backup my iphone to on yosemite?

Running iTunes 12.0.0.140 on MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite. I tried "~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/" but i see no "mobilesync" in the "Application Support" folder.

Also, can i use this backup to populate my iTunes library? You know, the whole "music not purchased from iTunes" and "photos not taken with iPhone" issue.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 6:22 PM

Solution:

Open any Finder window, click Go above on the menu bar, then hold Option on your keyboard. You should see Library popping up in there. It's located in THAT Library folder, not the one you searched through manually from your Finder as before! Kind of tricky~

8 replies

Sep 3, 2015 12:24 PM in response to coreybetters

Thanks for the information. This really helped me. But I have an additional question. I need to "protect" this backup so that I can use it to restore my phone. I want to use the "restore to factory settings" (and then perform the updates to bring it back to the current OS) but then restore my data afterwards (the phone is being wonky & I've been advised that I need to "clear" it & restore my data). Can I copy the last backup to another place on my drive (or external hard drive) and then move it back after I've "fixed" the OS?

Sep 10, 2015 8:12 AM in response to coskid54

Although I don't have an answer to this, I have a similar question as you mention storing the back up on an external hard drive - I would like to always store the iPhone back up on an external hard drive (not my laptop). Reason being is I have a 64GB iPhone but only a 128GB SSD in my 2014 MacBook Air, so if my phone is full, the back up takes up half of the space on my MacBook! thanks

Where does itunes backup my iphone to on yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.