Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync music ios 8

Hi, this is my first post and i really hope someone can help. My problem is I can´t sync music to my iPhone. I’m using iTunes 12, iPhone 5S 32 GB, iOS 8.0.2 and windows 8 on a PC. This is what happens: I connect the device to iTunes and start syncing, purchases transfer to iTunes normally, then it says preparing tracks to sync (or something like that) and suddenly it shows it finished “successfully”. iTunes shows the space on my iPhone for music as it should be, but the music simply isn’t there! (iPhone shows correctly available space). I have read a lot about this problem lately, so I’ve tried a few methods that claimed to solve this but failed. Here are some facts about my problem specifically:

• I never used Wi-Fi sync and really don’t want to because of slow internet connection
  • I’ve done the check/uncheck sync music, check/uncheck manually manage music, without success
  • I don’t have any PURCHASED duplicate (there are a few duplicate names but with different length, those are not checked to sync anyway)
  • I’ve tried syncing one list at a time, it worked for the first 7 (or so) after that I got the same problem with the next list, plus all the artwork already on my iPhone went missing

I don’t know that else to do, I bought a 32 GB iPhone so I can sync a lot of music, any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0.2, Windows 8 PC

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 8:49 AM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2014 10:11 AM in response to spjda

Yes, same problem here. Yosemite, iTunes 12, iPhone 6, iOS 8.1. The so called "latest greatest". Or should I say "bleeding edge"? When connecting my iPhone via USB to iTunes 12, my recently added songs DO NOT get synced, but only show up with a dotted circle in the iTunes list when inspecting the Music contents on my iPhone. Moreover, songs that were already on my iPhone got removed! Yuck. Someone wrote that it may be related to duplicates in your library: http://robservatory.com/a-nasty-little-itunesios-bug-may-be-causing-media-sync-i ssues/ But I've not fixed those either; I've a big library.... :-(

Nov 5, 2014 9:25 PM in response to spjda

I seemed to be having the same problem. The process seemed to freeze at the stage of the status message: "Syncing iPhone (Step 5 of 5) Waiting for changes to be applied"

Systems:

iPhone 4S 64 GB, iOS 8.1

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10, iTunes 12.0.1.26

It is just very very slow but ultimately does sync. The sync process is very slow in detecting the iPhone and content and in going through the sync.

I've had no previous problems syncing music and my previous experience was that syncing over USB was reasonably quick.

Nov 14, 2014 5:26 PM in response to spjda

I Have tried everything And have the latest versions of the softwre

i have also tried

deleting the library and rebuilding it

turning on and off manual sync

trying to sync nothing , then trying to sync some music only.

NOthing works ... It only syncs a small number (about 200 songs) of my over 11000 songs. Originally it only selected the ones I purchsed on iTunes but now it is random as to which songs are synced and changes almost every time I try to sync

does anyone have any additional ideas

Dec 15, 2014 12:21 PM in response to spjda

OP here. Yes, when I see the music that it's supposed to me on my device via the iTunes Sidebar I see all the music that I wanted to sync only the names are grey and have a dotted circle on the left. Although I haven't solved the problem yet I've discovered something:

As I said in my original post I could sync a few playlist one by one (i.e. Check first playlist then sync, check second playlist then sync, and so on...). When I got to the playlist I couldn't sync I did this:

1. Divide playlist in two, so Playlist became Playlist 1 and Playlist 2
  2. Playlist 1 synced successfully, but playlist 2 didn't. (I figured the problem was caused by one or more songs on the playlist) so I continued the splitting and syncing process.
  3. After a few attempts and splits I managed to have something like Playlist 2.3.a and Playlist 2.3.b, each with 5 songs.
  4. Playlist 2.3.a synced successfully so I figures the file that caused the problem was on Playlist 2.3.b. HOWEVER Playlist 2.3.b, synced successfully too.

At this point I really don't know what else to do. It's really frustrating ;( Anyways I'm still using iOS 8.1 so I hope that iOS 8.1.2 solves the problem. If anyone found a solution please tell me (tell us).

Dec 30, 2014 8:39 AM in response to spjda

I have had a similar problem with my iPhone 5 and finally found a fix that works at least for my phone.

I have tried resetting the phone 5-10 times and restoring the iCloud backup each time to get my data back.

It finally occurred to me that my backup could be corrupted. I then did a backup on my computer (iTunes), reset the phone, setting it up as a new device. Finally, I connected it to my computer and used the backup to restore the data.

I can now sync music, books etc. with no problem. I believe that I eliminated the problem when I reset the phone and re-introduced the problem when I restored from the iCloud backup. By making a new backup to iTunes, I had a "clean" backup to restore from.

I hope that this may help others as well.

Can't sync music ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.