Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 screen goes black every time I make a call, and is unresponsive until I do a hard reset? Help!

So,

I have had this happen at least 3 times now, since I got the phone last month ( September 2014 ) I am in the middle of a call and want to hang up so I pull it away from my ear and the call keeps going, with me having no way of ending it.. so I hold the home and hold button down to turn off/reset. Anyone else having this issue? Should I be taking the phone in under warranty?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 8:52 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2014 1:38 PM in response to UBFWSS

Apple replaced with new phone under warranty, had to haggle a little to get that done. Set up new one as a new phone, not from a backup, so as to not transfer any possible software issues to the new one, still re-setting up everything... all was good for the first week or so, now this one does the same thing, plus a new issue. While on calls the screen will go black, and the absolute only way to get control of the phone again is to hold both buttons down until the apple logo appears and phone restarts. Additionally, sometimes it will now become unanswerable when receiving a phone call, has only happened on vibrate, but it will go into a continuous vibrating mode and no way to answer the call or stop it, other than the two button restart. Does it on normal calling, and on 4g lte calling setting (verizon).

My Iphone 6 screen goes black every time I make a call, and is unresponsive until I do a hard reset? Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.