Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does shake still work with OS X Yosemite?

I still use Shake extensively in my workflows. Does anyone know yet whether it will still work with Yosemite? If now what kinds for work around might there be?

All I have seen on it so far is this thread:no Shake 4 and Motion 4 support in Yosemite which feels inconclusive ATM.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 3.2 GHz i3, 16GB RAM, 1TB internal

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 1:42 PM

Unfortunately, it most definitely does not. It gets moved to "/Incompatible Software", acquires a prohibitory symbol over the icon, and the Finder won't let you launch it. Attempting to start it from the command line results in a crash with an "Assertion failed" message. If there's a workaround for this, I haven't found it yet.

If you need Shake, don't upgrade to Yosemite. Sorry.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2014 1:42 PM in response to AlbertaMovieMaker

Unfortunately, it most definitely does not. It gets moved to "/Incompatible Software", acquires a prohibitory symbol over the icon, and the Finder won't let you launch it. Attempting to start it from the command line results in a crash with an "Assertion failed" message. If there's a workaround for this, I haven't found it yet.

If you need Shake, don't upgrade to Yosemite. Sorry.

Does shake still work with OS X Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.