Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macy's AMEX card not getting registered on iOS 8.1

Hello

Anyone tried to register their Macys AMEX card on APPLE PAY yet ? The system did not recognize the card although it scanned the number when I took the picture, but it did not accept the security code. However, I was able to get my VISA and also DELTA Amex to work smoothly.

Enjoy

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 12:41 PM

11 replies

Oct 21, 2014 11:37 AM in response to pinchusg

pinchusg wrote:

I think so that mainly why it is that way is so is because by these retailers you're getting certain discounts instantly at the register and it seems like these merchants haven't yet straightened out all of these.

Good point. From the merchant's perspective if you use Apple Pay they have no idea who you are, or what card you used, so they lose marketing information, and also the ability to offer account-specific discounts.

Nov 17, 2014 7:19 AM in response to Böhme417

Böhme417 wrote:

This is something I don't understand. A lot of Macy's stores have had NFC terminals for a long time, yet their store cards have never offered that, VI or AX. Now, they accept Apple Pay (logically, since they've been accepting NFC payments for a while) but still won't accept their own cards this way. What gives?

That's something you have to ask Macy's. But my guess is that they want you to use your Macy's card rather than Apple Pay. Reason? Apple Pay does not allow them to identify you to track your purchases or offer Macy's card-associated discounts.

Macy's AMEX card not getting registered on iOS 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.